Serve at Calvary
Do you have a conviction that big things happen in small groups and desire to lead or host those groups? Your contact is Ingrid Ansell.
Adult Sunday Morning Leaders help adults meaningfully connect to others and grow in our relationship with God on Sunday mornings. If you are interested, contact Tim Nelson.
Are you good with children? Are you interested in teaching or helping out?
Contact Pastor Brian Martin, if you have any questions.
- Sunday Morning Teachers and Assistant Teachers: During the school year and the summer, but taking off significant holidays. Sunday school puts the power of the Word into ways our kids can understand and interact with. We hope your kids LOVE it. Teachers, assistants, and substitutes are needed for grades 1-5. Training, supplies and substitutes are provided.
- Awana: Awana is an acronym from 2 Timothy 2:15: “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed, handling accurately the Word of Truth.” Awana combines scripture memory, fun, teaching, and significant connections between kids and adults all in one packed evening! Awana meets September through early May on Wednesday nights from 6:25-8:00 pm. We can use people to listen to verses, substitute for leaders and helpers, and occasionally help for special events.
- Sunday Morning Calvary Treehouse: Some parents like to attend the 11:00 am service as a family. Others prefer their child gets more age-focused worship and teaching. Calvary Treehouse’s goal is age-focused worship and BIG IDEA teaching to build a foundation of love for God and get basic life truth into our kids grades 1-5.
- Thursday Morning Childcare Worker: Assist with Thursday Morning Childcare during the women’s Renovare’ Bible studies during the school year from 9:00 am – 11:30 am.
- Wednesday Evening Childcare Worker: Assist with Wednesday Evening Childcare for parents serving in Wednesday AWANA, Youth Group, or Worship rehearsals.
What’s the first thing you do as a host when your guests start to settle in? Well, in Minnesota you offer them something to drink or eat. It tastes good and wakes us up, but it does more for guests. It provides a comforting distraction that makes them feel less awkward.
Coffee Connection is a team of people who, much like our welcome people, love to nourish people, reduce stress, and set the table (literally) for new people to make connections. You can work behind-the-scenes (making premium coffee or cleaning up) or out front with people (serving them sweets or floating around greeting). If this person is you, you need to talk to Pastor Tim Nelson.
Volunteers groom our property, care for our plants, and often set up rooms just right for use. God wires some people to love working behind the scenes — sweating the details that together make things safe, lovely, and efficient. If you are that person, you should contact Joel Minchinton, our Facility Manager.
Do you desire to be an active part of Men’s Ministries?
Contact Pastor Larry
Office Volunteers with administrative skills of all kinds are needed to keep our ministry humming. If you have a few hours free each week contact Pastor Tim Nelson.
Join a group that gathers to pray for and visit members of Calvary who are home bound, have been recently hospitalized, or are in assisted care facilities and unable to attend church. We go in pairs to visit and pray with individuals or couples and are privileged to share the love
of Christ through comfort, compassion, and encouragement. Contact Ann Knodel for more information and to get involved.
Does it excite you to be a part of a lifesaving station that is rescuing, teaching, and equipping students to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ?
Contact Pastor John Chaco, if you have any questions.
- Sunday Morning Middle and High School Teachers and Assistant Teachers: During the school year and the summer, but taking off significant holidays. Sunday school puts the power of the Word into ways our youth can understand and interact with.
- Wednesday Evening Middle and High School Group Leader: Assist with Wednesday Evening Youth Group.
Do you desire to serve in Women’s Ministries? Many opportunities are available. Your contact is Ingrid Ansell.
Join the Worship Team. Worship Team members serve on a rotating schedule. Rehearsals are Wednesday (11am service) or Thursday (9am service) evenings. We need you! Singers, guitar and keyboard players, drummers… “O magnify the Lord with me. Let us exalt His name together!” Contact Dorkham See by email or phone at (507) 282-4612.
Other Worship Ministries Opportunities
- Communion Preparation – We celebrate communion at Calvary about once a month. The communion team prepares the elements on the Friday preceding communion Sunday. Contact Marion Henry.
- Music Ministry – Worship Team, Worship Chorale, Instruments (including keyboard, guitars, drums/percussion, strings, brass and woodwinds). Your contact is Dorkham See
- Prayer Ministry – Trained Prayer Ministers are available after each worship service to pray personally with individuals who request prayer.
- Technical Arts Team – Sound, Projection, Lighting and Video support needed. We are always in need of more individuals to serve in this vital area of ministry. Training is provided. Sound and projection technicians serve on a rotating basis in our services. Your contact is Joel Minchinton.
- Ushering Team – Ushers welcome worshipers into the sanctuary and serve in various ways to ensure that the worship services proceed without distractions. Usher teams serve once a month, and include men and women, ages 14 and up. Contact Eric Andringa or Bob and Wendy Speary.
Interest in serving in the Worship Ministry? Contact Dorkham See to learn more.
Please contact John Chaco, Missions Ministry Team member, if you have questions about our missionaries or missions program.
Serve Others in the Community
Learn more about and how you can help with our Care and Community Outreach serving Rochester MN and surounding communities.