Serve Others at Calvary
Do you have a conviction that big things happen in small groups and desire to lead or host those groups? Your contact is Bob and Wendy Speary.
Adult Sunday Morning Leaders help adults meaningfully connect to others and grow in our relationship with God on Sunday mornings. If you are interested, contact Tim Nelson.
Are you good with children? Are you interested in teaching or helping out?
Contact Pastor Brian Martin, if you have any questions.
- Sunday Morning Teachers and Assistant Teachers: During the school year and the summer, but taking off significant holidays. Sunday school puts the power of the Word into ways our kids can understand and interact with. We hope your kids LOVE it. Teachers, assistants, and substitutes are needed for grades 1-6. Training, supplies and substitutes are provided.
- Awana: Awana is an acronym from 2 Timothy 2:15: “Approved work men are not ashamed, handling accurately the Word of Truth.” Awana combines scripture memory, fun, teaching, and significant connections between kids and adults all in one packed evening! Awana meets September through early May on Wednesday nights from 6:25-8:00 pm. We can use people to listen to verses, substitute for leaders and helpers, and occasionally help for special events.
- Sunday Morning King’s Kids: Some parents like to attend the 10:30 am service as a family. Others prefer their child gets more age-focused worship and teaching. King’s Kids goal is age-focused worship and BIG IDEA teaching to build a foundation of love for God and get basic life truth into our kids grades 1-4.
- Thursday Morning Childcare Worker: Assist with Thursday Morning Childcare during the women’s Renovare bible studies during the school year from 9:00 am – 11:30 am.
- Wednesday Evening Childcare Worker: Assist with Wednesday Evening Childcare for parents serving in Wednesday Youth Group or Worship rehearsals.
What’s the first thing you do as a host when your guests start to settle in? Well, in Minnesota you offer them something to drink or eat. It tastes good and wakes us up, but it does more for guests. It provides a comforting distraction that makes them feel less awkward.
Coffee Connection is a team of people who, much like our welcome people, love to nourish people, reduce stress, and set the table (literally) for new people to make connections. You can work behind-the-scenes (making premium coffee or cleaning up) or out front with people (serving them sweets or floating around greeting). If this person is you, you need to talk to Pastor Tim Nelson.
Volunteers groom our property, care for our plants, and often set up rooms just right for use. God wires some people to love working behind the scenes — sweating the details that together make things safe, lovely, and efficient. If you are that person, you should contact Joel Minchinton, our Facility Manager.
Calvary desires to help meet the everyday needs of Calvary and the extended community. A significant part of Care Ministries is delivered through our HELPS program, a volunteer-based ministry that matches volunteers with requests for help.
Do you desire to be an active part of Men’s Ministries?
Contact Matt Scheckel.
Office Volunteers with administrative skills of all kinds are needed to keep our ministry humming. If you have a few hours free each week contact Pastor Tim Nelson.
Learn more about our refugee care ministry and how you can help.
We have several refugee families who are part of our Calvary family. From time to time specific needs arise that we want to share with you.
Contact Sharon Bjerkaas if you have questions or to share in this ministry.
Prayer and Care Coordinator
Does it excite you to be a part of a lifesaving station that is rescuing, teaching, and equipping students to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ?Contact Pastor John Chaco, if you have any questions.
- Sunday Morning Middle and High School Teachers and Assistant Teachers: During the school year and the summer, but taking off significant holidays. Sunday school puts the power of the Word into ways our youth can understand and interact with.
- Wednesday Evening Middle and High School Group Leader: Assist with Wednesday Evening Youth Group.
Do you desire to serve in Women’s Ministries? Many opportunities are available. Your contact is Ingrid Ansell.
Join the Worship Team. Worship Team members serve on a rotating schedule. Rehearsals are Wednesdays: Instrumentalists at 7:55 pm, singers at 8:15 pm. We need you! Singers, guitar and keyboard players, drummers… “O magnify the Lord with me. Let us exalt His name together!” Contact Pastor Dan Limkeman by email or phone at (507) 282-4612.
Wednesdays, 6:30-8:15 pm. Childcare Provided. The Worship Chorale (adult choir, 9th grade and up) sings in the Sunday worship services about twice a month and in special seasonal services. The Worship Chorale is looking for singers. Formal musical background or training is not required. The ability to read music is helpful but not necessary. We ask only that you be able to match pitch and have a heart for music ministry. Email Pastor Dan Limkeman.
Other Worship Ministries Opportunities
- Children’s Choir Leadership – The Hallelujah! Kids Choir (grades 2-6) participates in the worship services several times a year, in addition to presenting full-scale musicals. Rehearsals are Sundays, 5:30 – 7:00 pm. Your contact is Carol Andringa.
- Communion Preparation – We celebrate communion at Calvary about once a month. The communion team prepares the elements on the Friday preceding communion Sunday. Contact Marion Henry.
- Drama Ministry – Contact Pastor Dan Limkeman.
- Flowers/Decorations Team – The flowers and seasonal decorations create a warm, life-giving environment in our sanctuary.
- Music Ministry – Worship Team, Worship Chorale, Instruments (including keyboard, guitars, drums/percussion, strings, brass and woodwinds). Your contact is Pastor Dan Limkeman.
- Orchestra – The Calvary Orchestra (9th grade and up) participates in Sunday worship occasionally and in the seasonal services. Your contact is Pastor Dan Limkeman.
- Prayer Ministry – Trained Prayer Ministers are available after each worship service to pray personally with individuals who request prayer. Contact Erica Limkeman.
- Technical Arts Team – Sound, Projection, Lighting and Video support needed. We are always in need of more individuals to serve in this vital area of ministry. Training is provided. Sound and projection technicians serve on a rotating basis in our services. Your contact is Joel Minchinton.
- Ushering Team – Ushers welcome worshipers into the sanctuary and serve in various ways to ensure that the worship services proceed without distractions. Usher teams serve once a month, and include men and women, ages 14 and up. Contact Eric Andringa
- Visual Arts Team – Contact Pastor Dan Limkeman.
- Worship Dance – Your contact is Ginger Boyce.
- Worship Library Assistants – There are many materials to prepare, distribute, collect and file in order for the ministry to function. Contact Karmen Saski.
Interest in serving in the Worship Ministry? Contact Pastor Dan to learn more.
Serve Others in the Community
Please contact Roger Warndahl, Missions Ministry Team member, if you have questions about our missionaries or missions program.
Learn more about and how you can help with our Care and Community Outreach serving Rochester MN and surounding communities.
Calvary will be hosting Mongolian Children’s Heart Project children, their moms and interpreters. Their planned arrival is Feb 25th, to have heart surgeries the first week of March. Hosts will be Tim & Michele Nelson, Kyle & Sarah Satterblom and Jim & Patty Rose.
February Community Engagement News
Joni and Friends Family Retreat
JAF is an organization dedicated to helping encourage and equip families touched by special needs. This year’s Minnesota Family Retreat will be August 11 to Sunday, August 16 at the Young Life Castaway Club in Detroit Lakes. For families who would like to participate, or for short term missionaries who would like to serve, registration will open on February 18. For more information contact Brian Martin at: [email protected]
Faithfully Speaking Toastmasters
Enhance your speaking skills in a safe and informal environment. The purpose is to help you speak about your faith with poise and confidence and learn about other faiths. Held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month, 5:30-7:00 pm. Charter House, 211 2nd Street NW, Room 3-15. For more information visit www.490.toastmastersclubs.org/
Rochester L’Abri Conference
For Such A Time As This…Grasping our cultural movement. The 2020 Rochester conference will be held on February 14-15 at the Kahler Grand Hotel. Visit www.rochesterlabriconferences.org for full schedule and registration details, or www.labri.org.
Compassion Counseling Center
Compassion Counseling Center is now offering Collaborative Marriage Skills in addition to individual counseling. This is a 6-week session for couples to attend to improve their communication skills. Watch the website www.compassioncounseling.org for details or call 507-208-8822 for more information.
Devoted Hearts Conference
April 24-25. Registration is now open for the 2020 Devoted Hearts Conference. This year’s theme is “Forgiven and Free.” Special guests are Lysa Terkeurst, Alli Worthington, Arlene Pellicane and Katy Dahl. More information can be found at www.devotedheartsrochester.com.