Love Coming and Going
Central Thought: We couldn’t go to God, so God came to us.
I. How did God come to us?
II. God became God/man.
A. His glory came to our grime.
B. His fullness came to our emptiness.
C. His grace came to our striving.
D. His truth came into our deception.
III. Aspect of fulfillment
1) Why is it so hard to reach across a divide? Can you think of a time when you felt a great divide in a relationship and someone intentionally closed the distance? What did that feel like? What was the result?
2) What does it mean to you that Jesus became human? How does that change how you pray?
3) What does it mean to you that Jesus is the culmination of God’s redemptive work?
4) When you think about the reality that we couldn’t go to God so he came to us, which aspect is most transformational for you?
a. God became God/man.
b. His glory came to our grime.
c. His fullness came to our emptiness.
d. His grace came to our striving.
e. His truth came into our deception.
What difference is this making in your life right now?
5) Which do you tend to gravitate toward — grace or truth?
If you have something to say but it might hurt someone’s feelings, will you avoid the truth for the sake of peace?
Or do you tend to go right to the issue regardless of how that impacts others?
6) What can you do to strive toward Jesus’ example of being completely/fully grace-filled and fully truthful?
7) Is there a relationship you need to close the distance on? Would you be willing to do for someone else what God did for you?
8) Who will hold you accountable to follow through on what God is calling you to do?