Listen to the Sermon audio
Central Idea: You are sent, so live that way.
I. Everybody wants to change the world.
II. Jesus was sent and sends us.
A. Jesus was sent with love. (John 3:16)
B. Jesus sent others. (John 4:38, Matthew 10, Luke 10)
C. How was Jesus sent?
1. Sent to the need.
2. Into the mess.
3. Into all kinds of places.
D. The ongoing mission of living sent (Matthew 28:19-20)
A. Connect to the love of God.
The mission of God is rooted in His love for you, and for all those around you.
B. Accept God’s call on your life. You are sent.
C. Live sent, right where you live.
1) When was the first time in your life that you realized the world needed changing?
What was it that you noticed? What need drove you to that realization?
2) What is the difference between being sent and just going?
3) How did Jesus live sent?
What are the distinguishing characteristics of living a life on mission?
4) Whom did Jesus send?
Why did He send them?
5) Do you believe Jesus sent you?
Why or why not?
6) How focused is your life on being sent?
7) Do you have to go oversees on a mission trip to “go” or “be sent”?
Is that what Jesus meant when he said, “Go and make disciples”? (Matthew 28:19-20)
8) What single step can you take to live sent?