Do You Know Who You Worship?
Christ is supreme over this pandemic. How do we know this?
v. 15 — Christ’s relation to Deity
v. 16-17 — Christ’s relation to creation
v. 18 — Christ’s relation to the Church
- If you struggle to see God in this pandemic, look to Christ! What are some things you see in Christ that assure us of what God is currently doing?
- "In Christ we see who God is, what God is like, and what God does" (Doug Moo). What are some practical ways you could begin to know God better by taking a deeper look at Christ?
- How does the truth that "by Him all things were created" (v.16) and "in Him all things hold together" (v.17) encourage and strengthen us in the face of this pandemic?
- The cult of Jehovah's Witnesses is probably the most well-known version of the Colossian false teachers that exist today. Do you know anyone who belongs to this cult? Have you ever had any Jehovah's Witnesses come to your door to attempt to 'evangelize' you? How did that encounter go? How might you use the truth of Colossians 1:15-16 to respond biblically to a Jehovah's Witness’ false teaching about Christ?
- Discuss the image of Christ being the "head" and the Church being the "body." How does that help you understand the relationship of Christ to us, especially as we come together as a local church congregation?
Special Projects (If you want to explore further):