Calvary's Transitional 'Journey'
Listen to the Sermon audio
- Dan encouraged us to view this transitional time at Calvary as a "season of renewal and transformation" and an "opportunity to strengthen church health and ministry effectiveness." What part of that view resonates with you? Why?
- Dan stated that the "goal" of this transitional time at Calvary is "becoming a healthy, spiritually-renewed church community ready to welcome the next Lead Pastor." What part of that goal resonates with you? Why?
- Have someone in the group read out loud the four key Scriptures that Dan referred to: Mark 12:31 ("Love God"); Romans 1:16 ("Love the Gospel"); Mark 12:32 ("Love Each Other"); and Luke 19:10 ("Love the Lost"). Discuss how you would like to see these become even more of a focus at Calvary and in your individual life.
- The closing Scripture that Dan referred to was Ephesians 4:12-13. Read it out loud and discuss as a group how you think God wants to see Calvary "built up," what it would look like to have a greater "unity in the faith," and what the goal of becoming "mature" could look like at Calvary.
- What are your concerns about this transitional season at Calvary? What are your hopes?