Belonging to the Great Community
What makes the church so great? Acts 20:28; Eph 5:22-33
Big idea: Your new life is best lived in God’s new community.
Reasons you want to belong to the church:
- Because of her supernatural ________________ (Matthew 16:18; John 7:37-39; Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8)
The church fulfills the feast of Shavuot, Pentecost, or ________________.
(Leviticus 23:15-22; Acts 2)
- Because of her supernatural ________________ (I Corinthians 10:32; 12:13; II Corinthians 5:17; Ephesians 1-4; Hebrews 12:22-23; Romans 12:3-8)
Are you a member of God’s living masterpiece? Are you living out your tile within His grand mural? Are you serving others as He has made and equipped you?
- Because of her unique (Ephesians 3; Romans 11:25; I Corinthians 15:51-53; I Thessalonians 4:17; John 14:2-3; Revelation 19-22)
The bride’s ultimate end: ____________________________________________
Are you ready to meet your groom? (Luke 12:40)
- Have you ever thought of the Church as great? Why or why not? If yes, how so? Share a representative experience of what being part of the Church means or has meant to you.
- As you reflect on the Church’s supernatural origin, design, and destiny, which of these feels most compelling to draw your engagement? Why? How has that idea influenced your participation in church life? Pray alone or with a partner about how these truths can call you to deeper worship and engagement.
- What has been your personal experience to the main point that your new life in Christ is best lived in God’s new community?
- Read Romans 12:3-8 and I Peter 4:10-11. What is/are your spiritual gift(s) and how are you currently using them? How could you be a better or more impactful church member?
- Read II Corinthians 5:17. Share two or three ways that Jesus has changed you or things He has taught you in recent months. Pray with a partner on areas you need help.
- Does the idea that Jesus could come today motivate you in any significant way or does that idea seem improbable? How do you motivate yourself to be watchful for Jesus after nearly 2000 years of the Church’s waiting?
- Church leaders are to love, guide, feed, and protect us, equipping us for ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16;
I Peter 5:1-3). Brainstorm ways our shepherds could do this better and let us know. ([email protected]).